Monday, June 7, 2010

No Baby, but a really clean fridge door handle....

What is it about having a baby and the cleaning instinct? I think it is living in the fact that at any minute you could have a baby and who knows what you will have time for, if anything, once that occurs. Then there's the fact that you will have visitors to your house and so you want to keep it clean or the fact that because you could pop at any moment you kind of dictate what the people around you do so there's always people around to clean up after. Whatever the case may be - I am there. I just spent 20 minutes cleaning the crevices of the handle to my fridge. No joke!

This weekend was a wonderful weekend with my husband. On Friday, we had our weekly appointment then spent the afternoon playing disc golf. I went to prenatal yoga and my husband went back to the office for an hour and then we went to dinner with friends at a Thai restaurant I'd been wanting to try. I wanted spicy food (attempting to evoke baby to exit thy womb) and I wanted to make sure I know the best Thai restaurant. We made it to a movie as we agreed we weren't sure when we would get to do a movie theater again! We saw Clash of the Titans and I must say, I find it interesting that even in Greek Mythology, the son of man is who redeems society from the grip of evil Hyades (just an interesting note, but that is for another time). Our Saturday consisted of a morning walk (again, attempting to evoke baby out of womb) then running some errands. We decided on an afternoon nap so we could make it through the Drive-In movies! We loaded the Jeep with pillows and blankets and made it through two movies at the drive-in: "Prince of Persia" and "Robin Hood". Well, my husband made it through two movies. Sunday brought church and then disc gold with friends. An afternoon shower broke up the game, so we came back to our house, grilled, played yard games, and visited until time for bed with great friends. I must say it was a wonderful weekend. I definitely enjoyed what could be my last weekend baby-free?!!? I am ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment